December 9, 2013
Pamela M. (Schneider) Bacon, Logan County Clerk
Logan County Courthouse
315 Main Street, Suite 3
Sterling, CO 80751
Hours 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. M-F Excluding Legal Holidays
November 5, 2013 Coordinated Election Results available here election night.
Recording/Election Phone: (970) 522-1544
Recording/Election Fax: (970) 522-2063
Motor Vehicle Dept. Phone: (970)522-1158
Motor Vehicle Dept. Fax: (970) 526-5384
You may contact Pamela (Schneider) Bacon directly via e-mail from our Contact page.
Like us on Face Book!
General Information Photocopy of recorded document: $.25 per page
Certification of a document: $1.00 per document certified
Photocopy of Marriage License: $.25 per page
Certified copy Marriage License: $1.25
Land Survey or Recorded plat copies: $6.50
Photocopies must be paid for before processing.
Note: Beginning July 1, 2010 recording fees for the State of Colorado will increase to $11.00 for the first page and $5.00 for each page thereafter. Fees for plats, surveys, UCC’s Federal Tax Liens and Release of Federal Tax Liens, Mining Claims and Torrens documents are unchanged due to Colorado Revised Statutes already in place setting the fees for those types of documents C.R.S. (38-25-105(iv)96)
General Recording: Documents up to 8 1/2″x 14″ $11.00 for the first page and $5 for each additional page.
Oversized pages, Plats (larger than 8 1/2″x 14″) $10.00 per oversized page + $1 per document surcharge.
Documents must be paid for before being recorded.
Document recording information back to 1997 may be viewed. In order to view images of recorded documents, a $300.00 month subscription may be purchased.
As of June 29, 2007 we are accepting e-recording! Documents shall be recorded in the order they are received, either physically or electronically. All documents received on any business day after 4:00 p.m. will be processed in the order they are received on the next business day. For more info contact the Clerk’s office.
LOGAN COUNTY IS ONE OF THE COLORADO COUNTIES
THAT HAVE LAND IN THE TORRENS SYSTEM (Please contact
our office if you have questions)
Recorded Plat: $10 + $1 per document surcharge, multiple page plats $10.00 per sheet plus $1.00 per document surcharge.
Colorado Secretary of State
Central Filing Officer
Standard UCC 1 and UCC 3 Forms (regardless of the size of the page): One or two pages $10 + $1 per document surcharge UCC Continuations, Releases, Terminations, Amendments: One or two pages $10 + $1 per document surcharge
Three or more pages $15 + $1 per document surcharge per C.R.S. 4-9-525.
Service fee of 2.25% applies plus $.75 per transaction for credit card and $1.00 per transaction for electronic check.
- Click here for information on home-made trailer requirements and title requirements
- Find Mobile Home Forms Here
- More Information on Vehicle RegistrationIn Colorado, a one month grace period is given for all renewals. (Example: If your plates expire in February, you have until the last working day in March to renew your plates.) Beginning June 1, 2009 – mandatory late fees will be collected starting after the one month grace period for every month past the grace period on your vehicle up to a maximum of $100.00. This fee is in addition to standard renewal fees.If transferring a Colorado title to your name without a lien, a new title may be printed. The person whose name is on the title that is being transferred to must be present with a photo ID Note: Secure and verifiable Identification will be required.Our office will be happy to give an estimate on your plate cost. Required information will be the year, make and model of the vehicle (a VIN # would get the estimate closer.) However, this is only an estimate. Without the actual title work we are unable to give the exact amount. Any estimate given (exact or not) will change if we go into a new month, because the ownership tax is charged from the date of purchase until you plate the vehicle, based on the value and year of the vehicle.�Proof of insurance is required for every transaction, whether for permit or registration. Colorado requires that all registered vehicles operating on Colorado roads be properly insured. Effective July 1, 1999, all owners of Tax Class C (passenger, motor home, and motorcycle) will be required to provide proof of insurance for the vehicle prior to vehicle registration/renewal. Effective May 12, 2000, owners of Tax Class B vehicles (including light trucks and SUV’s) must show proof of insurance before registering vehicles. This does not change the fact that all motor vehicle types must have insurance coverage.
Voter Registration & Information
Qualifications for Registration-preregistration:
1. Every person who is eighteen years of age or older on the date of the next election and who has the following qualifications is entitled to register to vote at all elections:
a. The person is a citizen of the United States.
b. The person has resided in this state twenty-two days immediately prior to the election at which the person intends to vote.
2. (a) (i) notwithstanding subsection (1) of this section, upon satisfactory proof of age, every person who is otherwise qualified to register and is sixteen years of age or older but will not have reached eighteen years of age by the date of the next election may preregister and update his or her preregistered information by any means authorized in this article for persons eighteen years of age or older. Upon reaching eighteen years of age, the person is automatically registered.
The 2013 November 5th Coordinated Election will be an automatic mail ballot election. Ballots will be mailed to all active registered voters the week of October 15 – October 18 (no polling places will be available.) Walk-in location for receipt of replacement ballots and drop-off location for voted ballots is the Logan County Clerk and Recorder’s Office, during regular office hours between 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Logan County Clerk and Recorder’s Office, Logan County Courthouse, 315 Main Street, Suite 3, Sterling, Colorado 80751 must receive all voted ballots by 7:00 p.m., Tuesday, November 5, 2013.
November 5, 2013 Coordinated Election Results available here election night. (This link will not be active until November 2, 2013)